Article provided by: Great Oaks Recovery Center
Take action today to overcome addiction, and speak to our admissions officer at Great Oaks Recovery Center. We are a highly effective Texas rehab for alcohol and drug addiction.
Common therapies to treat addiction
Addiction treatment involves a combination of medical detox, behavioral therapies, and medications for a specified course of time. While several effective therapies help in treating addiction, most rehab centers use the following methods:
- Biofeedback Therapy - Biofeedback therapy is a technique used to help patients regain control over their body and mind. With the help of biofeedback, therapists can teach specific relaxation exercises to recovering addicts to effectively cope with stressful situations, withdrawal symptoms, and cravings.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy - Cognitive behavioral therapy is used to teach individuals in rehab to understand how their feelings, thoughts, and actions can impact recovery. Through CBT, patients are shown how to build connections between their thoughts and actions, thereby increasing awareness in triggering situations.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy - This type of therapy plays a crucial role in treating co-occurring mental disorders along with substance dependency. Therapists use DBT to teach skills like mindfulness, emotional regulation, and tolerance to stressful situations.
Apart from the therapies mentioned above, we develop custom treatment programs to address the needs of each individual in rehab. Call us today for details on our treatment programs.
Co-occurring disorders and substance abuse
Addiction often presents itself with other mental health disorders. Sometimes a mental health disorder becomes the root cause of an addiction problem. Some of the most common psychiatric conditions that co-occur with substance abuse are:
- Attention-deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
It is essential to treat co-occurring mental disorders to help avoid relapse after treatment. At our Texas rehab, we make sure we offer appropriate treatment for any mental health conditions during rehab, as well as after rehab, through our aftercare program. Call us for more details.
What are my addiction treatment options?
The treatment options for your addiction will depend on factors like duration of abuse, the severity of the addiction, and the co-occurring mental disorders that may be involved. Inpatient rehab, intensive outpatient rehab, partial hospitalization program, and outpatient rehab are some of the most common treatment options offered by rehab centers.
Inpatient rehab is the most effective type of rehab program that lasts for a minimum of 30 days and can last up to 90 days. Call us today to discuss your treatment options.
What Is Outpatient Rehab?
Outpatient rehab is best option for those individuals with a mild to moderate level addiction. In this type of program, you only have to attend a rehab program for 1-2 hours a day, for 5-6 days a week. If you have work, family, or school commitments, this type of rehab can benefit you without interfering with your routine.
Great Oaks Recovery Center is a leading Texas rehab center where we focus on individuals' wholesome recovery. As a result, we promote a comprehensive treatment approach that goes beyond addressing just the addiction issues. To learn more about our treatment strategy, get in touch with us today.
View Larger Map